WHO YOU ARE
As our client, you are part of the EUROPEAN FINTECH COSMOS. You may be a bank, a scientist, an entrepreneur, an investor or a business angel.
Either way, you are working 24/7 to grow an idea into an asset and build a company that moves smoothly along a high growth trajectory. In the process you will – of course - outpace the competition, outsmart the incumbents and create an organisation with joyful people
serving happy clients.
BUT: This does not always work. AND WORSE: In FINTECH, the rate of failure is considerably higher than in other industries, such as Biotech or pure IT.
WHY: As research shows, regulation generally slows company growth and is an obstacle to innovation. Failure to comply with regulatory standards and oversight poses an existential threat
to both, entrants and challengers.
BDO POINT OF VIEW – RISK TO INNOVATION AND OPTIMUM BALANCE BETWEEN FREEDOM AND STRUCTURE
In our experience, the key to FINTECH SUCCESS is to strike the right balance between your freedom to innovate - as an AGILE business - and the indispensable structure and compliance - of a STABLE organisation.
We help our clients to identify - and to sustain - that optimal balance over time, with independent advice and pragmatic outsourcing services.
WHO WE ARE
THE FASTEST GROWING GLOBAL PROFESSIONAL SERVICES NETWORK
We have a global footprint, but we love working and collaborating with local, ambitious and fast-growing companies. Our mid-market positioning enables us to work with clients from the very early stages right through to a mature trading phase.
HOLISTIC SERVICE OFFERING WITH PROVEN TRACK RECORD
We provide a collective expertise in accounting, tax and regulatory advice. In banking, insurance and asset management verticals, as well as in general IT, we possess long-standing proven track-record with out-sourced accounting, internal audit, tax and assurance services.
Our due diligence offering leverages this ingrained experience and enables us to provide handson practical advice. Our dedicated M&A team has a strong transaction track record with both, entrepreneurs and investors. So, we know where you are coming from where you are going to.
BDO FINTECH clients include ‘seed-stage crypto custodians’, major neobanks, banking hubs and RegTechs, low cost (and no cost) online brokers, payment service providers, InsurTechs as well as OPC players, card issuers and identity specialists. We equally advise high street incumbents on design and execution of Fintech strategies.
WHAT WE DO
We provide three tailored offerings to meet the specific needs of the FINTECH sector. All services are per-formed by interdisciplinary teams, which draw on the combined expertise of our industry specialists.
ORGANISATIONAL AND REGULATORY ADVICE
- Advice on Regulatory requirements (organizational, reporting, passporting etc.) according to German (KWG, MaRisk/ MaComp, ZAG, BAIT) as well as European standards and market practice
- Advice on Organisational design and Partnering strategies
SERVICES AND ASSURANCE
- Audit of financial statements, IT audits and other assurance services (e.g. ISAE 3402, SSAE 18; web-, cloud and risk management certifications)
- Outsourced Controlling and Accounting services (management reporting and statutory accounts)
- Outsourcing of Compliance functions (e.g. internal audit) and add-on assurance services
- Outsourced Tax services (corporate and personal taxes) and tax compliance management (TCM)
- Buy-side and sell-side Due Diligence (Financial, Tax, Regulatory Compliance and IT)
- Transaction Services (Information management, Data-room and PMO)
- Post-Merger Integration (Accounting, Compliance, Regulatory and Operations)