Integrated consultancy approach
Active monitoring work is expected of supervisory bodies today. In their role, they are expected to supervise and advise management with foresight. The procurement and processing of information relevant to supervision play a crucial role in this context. To assess specific issues that the supervisory board cannot evaluate conclusively, or only with restrictions given the capacities at its disposal, it is not only advisable, but sometimes even necessary to call in an external, independent expert. External experts in the sense of §109 of the AktG possess the expertise required for this purpose. However, the supervisory board is ultimately responsible for organising the supervision processes. Modern supervisory board work makes neutral support in the sense of ‘good practice’ seem sensible. Against this background, BDO Board Support has developed an integrated approach which interlinks the topics of training, process-oriented consultancy and supervisory board assistance in a modular way.
The benefits and value of our services are the
- Minimisation of liability and reputational risks
- Improved options for providing documented evidence in cases of liability
- Compliance with regulatory requirements
- Judgement of the supervisory board based on objective and neutral expert information in the sense of business judgement rule (‘informed’ decisions)
- Improvement of the performance of the supervision processes
- Boosted independence of the supervisory board
True to our consultancy approach, a personal contact is available for you to turn to at any time.
We are happy to contact you privately and give you further information about our consulting services.