Whether faced with an internal investigation, a government investigation, or an allegation of foreign corruption, BDO Germany’s Forensic, Risk & Compliance team offers our clients the relevant resources, when and where they need them.
In connection with the FCPA and other foreign anti-corruption laws with extra-territorial reach, global operating companies in Germany are exposed to cross-border regulations. We, BDO Forensic, Risk & Compliance, support organizations in developing a strategy for global expansion with regard to risk mitigation and provide resources, knowledge and experience for responding to allegations, inquiries and concerns related to corruption.
We support our clients with Anti-Fraud and Anti-Corruption Compliance in the following areas:
- Performance of FCPA related risk assessments and control testing
- Enhancement of policies, procedures, and other internal controls related to anti-corruption
- Training client staff and management in anti-corruption compliance
- Providing investigative due diligence on potential and existing business partners, employees, agents and other intermediaries in the form of background checks and enhanced due diligence procedures
- Advising on data governance including data privacy and protection
Our multi-disciplinary, cross-border anti-corruption investigative services include:
- Preservation of evidence including forensic collections of electronic data
- Hosting electronic evidence for review
- Document review following the application of state of the art data reduction processes
- Forensic accounting
- Investigative due diligence regarding suspects, organizations and their relationships
- Presenting evidence to special committees, audit committees and their counsel as well as to regulators at the direction of counsel
- Providing professional testimony
BDO Forensic, Risk & Compliance team uses extensive experience, deep analytic skills, and state-of-the art technology to help our clients answer questions and respond to inquiries quickly – with as little disruption to operations as possible. Our multidisciplinary group has experience across all industries, and includes forensic accountants, certified fraud examiners, certified forensic technology specialists, certified database specialists, and former law enforcement professionals, including former police officers, public investigators and industry specialist.