Analysis & Evaluation of Inherited Waste Risks & Land Recycling
Responsible portfolio development, allocation of development sites, lending by banks and venture capital providers, and due diligence in M & A transactions increasingly necessitate the critical appraisal of the risks that can arise from contamination of the soil and groundwater. In this context, we specifically offer:
- Holistic analysis of the economic and ecological effects of land management actions in project business plans
- Feasibility studies on land revitalisation
- Regulatory approval management
- Environmental risk assessment (identification and quantification of risks that can be caused by a company’s environmentally relevant activities)
- Assessments of inherited-waste risks, brief analyses and expert opinions
- Plausibility checks and creating cost forecasts for demolition and inherited-waste remediation
We examine and evaluate environmental and inherited-waste risks, permission-related risks for environmentally relevant plants and actions with a focus on the petroleum industry, chemical industry, metal-working industry, mechanical engineering, construction, recycling and waste management. A systematic and practically oriented cost forecast for land reclamation based on sensitivity scenarios makes risks assessable and can be adapted without major overhead to various retroactive use cases.
Our team consists of geologists, chemists, engineers, interior planners and geographers. In addition, other BDO specialists can be involved at any time depending on the task in hand.